Sticky-leaf Rabbitbrush - Chrysothamnus viscidiflorus ssp. lanceolatus
MNPS Threat Rank
See species description.
Subspecies lanceolatus can be distinguished from the others by the following combination of characters: Stems greenish, hirtellous to puberulent; leaves green, 3- or 5-nerved, 2–6 mm wide, abaxial faces hirsute to hirtellous, adaxial usually glabrous (Urbatsch et al. 2003, Fl. North America, Vol. 20).
BC, WA and MT south to CA, AZ, NM; also Pennington County, SD (Kartesz 2009).
Observations in Montana Natural Heritage Program Database
Number of Observations:
(Click on the following maps and charts to see full sized version)
Map Help and Descriptions
(Observations spanning multiple months or years are excluded from time charts)
Juniper and sagebrush savannas; 1200–2500 m (Urbatsch et al. 2003, Fl. North America, Vol. 20).
The following animal species have been reported as pollinators of this species or genera where their geographic ranges overlap: Bombus bifarius
, Bombus centralis
, Bombus fervidus
, Bombus flavifrons
, Bombus huntii
, Bombus rufocinctus
, Bombus sylvicola
, Bombus ternarius
, Bombus occidentalis
, Bombus griseocollis
, Bombus insularis
, Bombus suckleyi
, Bombus flavidus
, and Bombus kirbiellus
(Thorp et al. 1983, Koch et al. 2012, Williams et al. 2014).
- Literature Cited AboveLegend: View Online Publication
- Koch, J., J. Strange, and P. Williams. 2012. Bumble bees of the western United States. Washington, DC: USDA Forest Service, Pollinator Partnership. 143 p.
- Thorp, R.W., D.S. Horning, and L.L. Dunning. 1983. Bumble bees and cuckoo bumble bees of California (Hymenoptera: Apidae). Bulletin of the California Insect Survey 23:1-79.
- Williams, P., R. Thorp, L. Richardson, and S. Colla. 2014. Bumble Bees of North America. Princeton, NJ. Princeton University Press.
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Lesica, P., M.T. Lavin, and P.F. Stickney. 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. Fort Worth, TX: BRIT Press. viii + 771 p.