Lavender Hyssop - Agastache foeniculum
State Rank Reason (see State Rank above)
One collection at MONT:
Heidel #1379 7 July 1995. Powder River Co. Ashland District of Custer National For. Near head of draw above Ash Creek Uncommon at base of N-facing slope. Elev. 3910 with P-pine, Mahonia repens. T2S R46E S19
Two collections at MONTU:
Lesica #4582 24 June, 1988. Locally common in elm-green ash forest at the head of the North Fork Burns Creek ca. 7 miles SE of Richey. Ca. 850m. T22N R54E S36. With Oryzopsis micrantha and Carex sprengelii.
Keith H. Dueholm & Bonnie Heidel #12,216. Carter Co.: Long Pines, head of Maverick Gulch. SW/NW Sect. 5, T3S R61E. Jct. of 2 drainages just below steep slopes with ponderosa pine, fairly open. 2 July 1994. Elev. 3,800ft.
Stems erect, 50–120 cm, simple or few-branched, puberulent at the nodes. Leaf blades cordate-ovate, glabrous above, puberulent below, 4–9 cm long, acute, serrate. Inflorescence 3–8 cm long with purplish bracts. Flowers: calyx conical, puberulent, 4–7 mm long, teeth deltoid, purplish; corolla blue, 15–20 mm long (Lesica 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. BRIT Press. Fort Worth, TX)
AB to ON south to MT, TX, KS and MO. Known from Carter, Powder River, and Richland counties (Lesica 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. BRIT Press. Fort Worth, TX)
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Gleason, Henry A., & Arthur Cronquist. 1963. Manual of Vascular Plants of Northeastern United States and Adjacent Canada. D. Van Nostrand Company, New York, New York. 810 pp.
- Heidel, B.L. and H. Marriott. 1996. Sensitive plant species survey of the Ashland District, Custer National Forest, Powder River and Rosebud Counties, Montana. Unpublished report to the U.S. Forest Service. Montana Natural Heritage Program, Helena, Montana. 94 pp. plus appendices.
- Lesica, P., M. T. Lavin, and P. F. Stickney. 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. Fort Worth, TX: BRIT Press. viii + 771 p.
- McGregor, R.L., coordinator, and T.M. Barkley, R.E. Brooks, and E.K. Schofield, eds.: Great Plains Flora Association. 1986. Flora of the Great Plains. Lawrence, KS: Univ. Press Kansas. 1392 pp.
- McGuffin, Michael. American Herbal Products Association, 8484 Georgia Ave., Suite 370, Silver Spring MD 20910. (301) 588-1171. Personal communication.
- Punter, C. Elizabeth. Special Projects Botanist, Manitoba Conservation Data Centre. Personal communication.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service. 1999. November 3-last update. The PLANTS Database.
- Widrlechner, Mark. North Central Regional Plant Introduction Station, Iowa State University. Personal communication.