Entire-leaf Ragwort - Senecio integerrimus
MNPS Threat Rank
Fibrous-rooted from a small caudex. Stems erect, 10–90 cm. Herbage sparsely arachnoid with tufts of tomentum at stem and leaf bases. Leaves basal and cauline; blades linear-lanceolate to ovate or obovate, 2–15 cm long, entire to usually serrate, narrower and sessile above. Inflorescence corymbiform of 4 to 25 heads. Heads radiate; involucres 5–13 mm high; phyllaries mostly 13 to 21, usually sparsely arachnoid, sometimes black-tipped. Rays 8–13; ligules 5–11 mm long. Disk corollas 6–8 mm long. Achenes 2–4 mm long, short-hairy on the ribs (Lesica 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. BRIT Press. Fort Worth, TX)
We have varities integerrimus, exaltatus
(Nutt.) Cronquist, and scribneri
(Rydb.) T.M. Barkley.
BC to MB south to CA, NV, NM, NE and IA (Lesica 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. BRIT Press. Fort Worth, TX).
Observations in Montana Natural Heritage Program Database
Number of Observations:
(Click on the following maps and charts to see full sized version)
Map Help and Descriptions
(Observations spanning multiple months or years are excluded from time charts)
Plains, hills, open woods and slopes (Dorn 1984).
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Conway, T.M. 1982. Response of understory vegetation to varied lodgepole pine (Pinus contorta) spacing intervals in Western Montana. M.Sc. Thesis. Bpzeman, MT: Montana State University. 76 p.
- Gobielle, J. 1992. The effects of fire on Merriam's turkey broad habitat in southeastern Montana. M.S. thesis, Montana State University, Bozeman. 61 pp.
- Johnson, T. W. 1982. An analysis of pack and saddle stock grazing areas in the Bob Marshall Wilderness. M.Sc.Thesis. Bozeman, MT: Montana State University. 105 p.
- Lesica, P., M.T. Lavin, and P.F. Stickney. 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. Fort Worth, TX: BRIT Press. viii + 771 p.