Common Borage - Borago officinalis
Taprooted annual normally branching above. Herbage hispid-setose. Calyx deeply 5-lobed. Collora rotate, resembling the genus Solanum. Anthers exserted, connivent around the style; filaments with an elongate appendage. Nutlets with a basal protuberance (Jepson eFlora; Flora of the Great Plains).
Scattered occurrences in Montana.
Observations in Montana Natural Heritage Program Database
Number of Observations:
(Click on the following maps and charts to see full sized version)
Map Help and Descriptions
(Observations spanning multiple months or years are excluded from time charts)
The following animal species have been reported as pollinators of this plant species or its genus where their geographic ranges overlap: Bombus griseocollis
(Thorp et al. 1983).
- Literature Cited AboveLegend: View Online Publication
- Thorp, R.W., D.S. Horning, and L.L. Dunning. 1983. Bumble bees and cuckoo bumble bees of California (Hymenoptera: Apidae). Bulletin of the California Insect Survey 23:1-79.
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Lesica, P., M.T. Lavin, and P.F. Stickney. 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. Fort Worth, TX: BRIT Press. viii + 771 p.
- Lesica, P., M.T. Lavin, and P.F. Stickney. 2022. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants, Second Edition. Fort Worth, TX: BRIT Press. viii + 779 p.