Arrowleaf Sweet Coltsfoot - Petasites frigidus var. sagittatus
We do not yet have descriptive information on this species. Please try the buttons above to search for information from other sources.
Alaska to Labrador, south to Oregon, Colorado, Minnesota and southern Ontario.
Observations in Montana Natural Heritage Program Database
Number of Observations:
(Click on the following maps and charts to see full sized version)
Map Help and Descriptions
(Observations spanning multiple months or years are excluded from time charts)
Swamps, fen margins, and riparian seeps within open forest and meadows in the valley and foothill zones.
The following animal species have been reported as pollinators of this plant species or its genus where their geographic ranges overlap: Bombus sylvicola
(Thorp et al. 1983, Williams et al. 2014).
- Literature Cited AboveLegend: View Online Publication
- Thorp, R.W., D.S. Horning, and L.L. Dunning. 1983. Bumble bees and cuckoo bumble bees of California (Hymenoptera: Apidae). Bulletin of the California Insect Survey 23:1-79.
- Williams, P., R. Thorp, L. Richardson, and S. Colla. 2014. Bumble Bees of North America. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press. 208 p.
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Jones, W. W. 1901. Preliminary flora of Gallatin County. M.S. Thesis. Bozeman, MT: Montana State College. 78 pp.
- Lesica, P., M.T. Lavin, and P.F. Stickney. 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. Fort Worth, TX: BRIT Press. viii + 771 p.
- Lesica, P., M.T. Lavin, and P.F. Stickney. 2022. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants, Second Edition. Fort Worth, TX: BRIT Press. viii + 779 p.