Convoluted Beard Moss - Barbula convoluta var. eustegia
A Barbula Moss,
(see State Rank Reason below)
MNPS Threat Rank
State Rank Reason (see State Rank above)
Only known in Montana from historical specimens. Intermediates exist between the varieties of B. convoluta (FNA).
We do not yet have descriptive information on this species. Please try the buttons above to search for information from other sources.
It occurs in Washington, Montana, Idaho, Utah, and western Canada (Flowers 1973). Also known from Oregon (Lawton 1971).
- Literature Cited AboveLegend: View Online Publication
- Elliott, J.C. and A.K. Pipp. 2018. A Checklist of Montana Mosses (1880-2018). Updated 3 January, 2020. Montana Natural Heritage Program, Helena, Montana. 73 pp.
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Lawton, E. 1971. Keys for the Identification of the Mosses on the Pacific Northwest. Reprinted from 'Moss Flora of the Pacific Northwest'. Published as Supplement No. 2 of the Journal of the Hattori Botanical Laboratory. Nichinan, Miyazaki, Japan. 66 pp.
- Lawton, E. 1971. Moss Flora of the Pacific Northwest. Hattori Botanical Laboratory. Japan: Yamabuki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo. 362 pages plus appendices.