Nutria - Myocastor coypus
State Rank Reason (see State Rank above)
Species is nonnative/ introduced
We do not yet have descriptive information on this species. Please try the buttons above to search for information from other sources.
Introduced Not Established
Western Hemisphere Range
Observations in Montana Natural Heritage Program Database
Number of Observations:
(Click on the following maps and charts to see full sized version)
Map Help and Descriptions
(Observations spanning multiple months or years are excluded from time charts)
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Deems, E.F., Jr. and D. Pursley (eds). 1978. North American furbearers: their management, research and harvest status in 1976. Int. Assoc. Fish and Wildlife Agencies and University of Maryland. 171 p.
- Foresman, K.R. 2012. Mammals of Montana. Second edition. Mountain Press Publishing, Missoula, Montana. 429 pp.
- Jellison, W.L. 1945. General Notes: Spotted skunk and feral nutria in Montana. Journal of Mammalogy. 26(4): 432-443.
- Additional Sources of Information Related to "Mammals"