View in other NatureServe Network Field Guides
Kellogg's Knotweed - Polygonum polygaloides ssp. kelloggii
(see State Rank Reason below)
State Rank Reason (see State Rank above)
Numerous collections at MONTU from 8 counties in western Montana, including Ravalli, Glacier, Madison, Granite, Beaverhead, Deerlodge, Park and Teton counties.
We do not yet have descriptive information on this species. Please try the buttons above to search for information from other sources.
Observations in Montana Natural Heritage Program Database
Number of Observations:
(Click on the following maps and charts to see full sized version)
Map Help and Descriptions
(Observations spanning multiple months or years are excluded from time charts)
The following animal species have been reported as pollinators of this plant species or its genus where their geographic ranges overlap: Bombus bifarius
, Bombus flavifrons
, Bombus frigidus
, Bombus melanopygus
, Bombus sylvicola
, Bombus occidentalis
, Bombus pensylvanicus
, Bombus insularis
, and Bombus kirbiellus
(Macior 1974, Colla and Dumesh 2010).
- Literature Cited AboveLegend: View Online Publication
- Colla, S.R. and S. Dumesh. 2010. The bumble bees of southern Ontario: notes on natural history and distribution. Journal of the Entomological Society of Ontario 141:39-68.
- Macior, L.M. 1974. Pollination ecology of the Front Range of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Melanderia 15: 1-59.
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Hawkins, P.H. 1903. The alpine flora of Montana. M.Sc. Thesis, Bozeman, MT: Montana State University. 24 pp.
- Lesica, P., M.T. Lavin, and P.F. Stickney. 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. Fort Worth, TX: BRIT Press. viii + 771 p.
- Web Search Engines for Articles on "Kellogg's Knotweed"