Soft Rush - Juncus effusus effusus
* (see State Rank Reason below)
MNPS Threat Rank
State Rank Reason (see State Rank above)
Plants in Montana are Juncus effuses ssp. effusus. This subspecies is an aggressive introduced species from Europe, and has colonized in British Columbia and Idaho (Zika 2003).
- Details on Status Ranking and Review
Soft Rush (Juncus effusus effusus) Conservation Status Review
Review Date =
We do not yet have descriptive information on this species. Please try the buttons above to search for information from other sources.
Observations in Montana Natural Heritage Program Database
Number of Observations:
(Click on the following maps and charts to see full sized version)
Map Help and Descriptions
(Observations spanning multiple months or years are excluded from time charts)
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Britton, N. L. and A. B. Brown. 1913. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada, and the British Possessions. 2nd Edition in 3 Volumes. New York, NY: Charles Scribner's Sons. B13BRI01PAUS.
- Douglas, G.W., D. Meidinger, and J. Pojar, editors. 2001. The Illustrated Flora of British Columbia. Volume 6. Monocotyledons (Acoraceae through Najadaceae). British Columbia Ministry of Environment, Lands and Parks and British Columbia Ministry of Forests, Victoria.
- Hurd, E.G., S. Goodrich, and N.L. Shaw. 1997. Field Guide to Intermountain Rushes. General Technical Report INT-306. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 56 pp.
- Lesica, P., M. T. Lavin, and P. F. Stickney. 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. Fort Worth, TX: BRIT Press. viii + 771 p.
- McGregor, R.L., coordinator, and T.M. Barkley, R.E. Brooks, and E.K. Schofield, eds.: Great Plains Flora Association. 1986. Flora of the Great Plains. Lawrence, KS: Univ. Press Kansas. 1392 pp.
- Sturm, J. and J.G. Sturm. 1796. Deutschlands Flora in Abbildungen (nur Tafeln). Stuttgart, Germany. 882 pp.
- Zika, P.F. 2003. The native subspecies of Juncus effusus (Juncaceae) in western North America. Brittonia 55(2): 150-156.