Alpine Spicy Wintergreen - Gaultheria humifusa
MNPS Threat Rank
Stems: secondary occasionally branching, ascending to ca. 5 cm, glabrous. Leaves ovate to orbicular, to 15 mm long, entire or nearly so, upper surface smooth; veins not indented. Flowers ca. 3 mm long; calyx as long as corolla tube (Stickney in Lesica 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. BRIT Press. Fort Worth, TX)
BC, AB south to CA, NV, UT and NM (Stickney in Lesica 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. BRIT Press. Fort Worth, TX).
Observations in Montana Natural Heritage Program Database
Number of Observations:
(Click on the following maps and charts to see full sized version)
Map Help and Descriptions
(Observations spanning multiple months or years are excluded from time charts)
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Hawkins, P.H. 1903. The alpine flora of Montana. M.Sc. Thesis, Bozeman, MT: Montana State University. 24 pp.
- Jones, W. W. 1901. Preliminary flora of Gallatin County. M.S. Thesis. Bozeman, MT: Montana State College. 78 pp.
- Lesica, P., M.T. Lavin, and P.F. Stickney. 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. Fort Worth, TX: BRIT Press. viii + 771 p.
- Williams, K.L. 2012. Classification of the grasslands, shrublands, woodlands, forests and alpine vegetation associations of the Custer National Forest portion of the Beartooth Mountains in southcentral Montana. M.Sc. Thesis. Bozeman, MT: Montana State University. 376 p.