Western Bell-heather - Cassiope mertensiana
MNPS Threat Rank
Stems to ca. 20 cm. Leaves 2–4 mm long, rounded on the back (dorsal surface), margin entire, glabrous. Flowers to 10 mm long, pedicels short, elongating in fruit to ca. 15 mm. Capsule ca. 4 mm broad (Stickney in Lesica 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. BRIT Press. Fort Worth, TX)
AK to AB south to CA, NV, ID and MT (Stickney in Lesica 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. BRIT Press. Fort Worth, TX).
Observations in Montana Natural Heritage Program Database
Number of Observations:
(Click on the following maps and charts to see full sized version)
Map Help and Descriptions
(Observations spanning multiple months or years are excluded from time charts)
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Hawkins, P.H. 1903. The alpine flora of Montana. M.Sc. Thesis, Bozeman, MT: Montana State University. 24 pp.
- Jones, W. W. 1901. Preliminary flora of Gallatin County. M.S. Thesis. Bozeman, MT: Montana State College. 78 pp.
- Lesica, P., M.T. Lavin, and P.F. Stickney. 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. Fort Worth, TX: BRIT Press. viii + 771 p.
- Saunders, J.K., Jr. 1954. A two-year investigation of the food habits and range use of the Rocky Mountain goat in the Crazy Mountains, Montana. M.Sc. Thesis. Bozeman, MT: Montana State University. 22 p.