Rubber Rabbitbrush - Ericameria nauseosa var. oreophila
Chrysothamnus nauseosus ssp. consimilis
See species description.
Variety oreophila can be distinguised from the others by the following characters: leafs less than 1.3 mm wide, 1-veined; involucre 6-10 mm long, greenish; corolla tube 6-9 mm long, glabrous (Urbatsch et al., 2003, Fl. North America, Vol. 20; Lesica 2012).
OR, ID, MT south to CA, AZ, NM, and NE (Kartesz 2009).
Alkaline valleys and plains; 1200–3000 m (Urbatsch et al. 2003).
The following animal species have been reported as pollinators of this species or genera where their geographic ranges overlap: Bombus bifarius
, Bombus centralis
, Bombus huntii
, and Bombus melanopygus
(Williams et al. 2014).
- Literature Cited AboveLegend: View Online Publication
- Williams, P., R. Thorp, L. Richardson, and S. Colla. 2014. Bumble Bees of North America. Princeton, NJ. Princeton University Press.
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Husby, P.O. 1982. Effects of grazing on vegetation in the Artemisia tridentata-Festuca idahoensis habitat type. M.Sc. Thesis. Bozeman, MT: Montana State University. 76 p.
- Lesica, P., M.T. Lavin, and P.F. Stickney. 2012. Manual of Montana Vascular Plants. Fort Worth, TX: BRIT Press. viii + 771 p.