We do not yet have descriptive information on this species. Please try the buttons above to search for information from other sources.
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View WorldCat Record View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Bailey, J. E. 1952. Life history and ecology of the sculpin COTTUS BAIRDI PUNCULATUS in southwestern Montana. Copeia 1952(4):243-255.
- Barrett, J. C. and G. D. Grossman. 1988. Effects of direct current electrofishing on the mottled sculpin. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 8(10):112-116.
- Brown, L., and J. F. Downhower. 1982a. Polygamy in the mottled sculpin (Cottus bairdi) of southwestern Montana (Pisces: Cottidae). Can. J. Zool. 60:1973-1980.
- Brown, L., and J. F. Downhower. 1982b. Summer movements of mottled sculpins, Cottus bairdi (Pisces: Cottidae). Copeia 1982:450-453.
- Docker, M., T. Medland, and F. Beamish. 1986. Energy requirements and survival in embryo mottled sculpin, Cottus bairdi. Can. J. Zool. 64:1104-1109.
- Downhower, J. F., and L. Brown. 1979. Seasonal changes in the social structure of a mottled sculpin, Cottus bairdi, population. Anim. Behav. 27:451-458.
- Downhower, J. F., and L. Brown. 1980. Mate preference of female mottled sculpins, Cottus bairdi. Anim. Behav. 28:728-734.
- Downhower, J. F., L. S. Blumer, and L. Brown. 1987. Seasonal variation in sexual selection in the mottled sculpin. Evolution 41:1386-1394.
- Downhower, J. F., L. S. Blumer, P. Lejeune, P. Gaudin, A. Marconato, and A. Bisazza. 1991. Otolith asymmetry in Cottus bairdi and C. gobio. Pol. Arch. Hydrobiol. 37:209-220.
- Freeman, M. C., and D. J. Stouder. 1989. Intraspecific interactions influence size specific depth distribution in Cottus bairdi. Environ. Biol. Fishes 24:231-236.
- Godkin, C. M., W. J. Christie, and D. E. McAllister. 1982. Problems of species identity in the Lake Ontario sculpins Cottus bairdi and C. cognatus. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 39:1373-1382.
- Heckmann, R. A., A. K. Kimball, and J. A. Short. 1987. Parasites of mottled sculpin, Cottus bairdi Girard, from five locations in Utah and Wasatch Counties, Utah. Gr. Basin Nat. 47:13-21.
- Howard, J. H., and R. P. Morgan, II. 1993. Allozyme variation in the mottled sculpin (Cottus bairdi): a test of stream capture hypotheses. Copeia 1993:870-875.
- Kritsky, D. C., R. J. Kayton, and P. D. Leiby. 1977. Dactylogyrus unguiformis sp. n. (Monogenea) from the mottled sculpin, Cottus bairdi Girard, in Idaho, with some taxonomic considerations in the genus Dactylogyrus. Proc. Helminth. Soc. Wash. 44:141- 147.
- Kuda, D. B., and J. S. Griffith. 1993. Establishment of Shoshone sculpin (Cottus greenei) in a spring inhabited by mottled sculpin (C. bairdi). Gr. Basin Nat. 53:190-193.
- McAllister, D. E. 1964. Distinguishing characters for the sculpins Cottus bairdii [sic] and C. cognatus in eastern Canada. J. Fish. Res. Board Can. 21:1339-1342.
- Muzzall, P. M., and R. D. Sweet. 1986. Parasites of mottled sculpins, Cottus bairdi, from the Au Sable River, Crawford County, Michigan. Proc. Helminth. Soc. Wash. 53:142-143.
- Peden, A.E., G.W. Hughes, and W.E. Roberts. 1989. Morphologically distinct populations of the shorthead sculpin, Cottus confusus, and mottled sculpin, Cottus bairdi (Pisces, Cottidae), near the western border of Canada and the United States. Can. J. Zool. 67:2711-2720.
- Savage, T. 1963. Reproductive behavior of the mottled sculpin, COTTUS BAIRDI (Girard). Copeia 1963(2):317-325.
- Strauss, R. E. 1986. Natural hybrids of the freshwater sculpins Cottus bairdi and Cottus cognatus (Pisces: Cottidae): electrophoretic and morphometric evidence. Am. Mid. Nat. 115:87-105.
- Zarbock, W. 1951. Life history of the Utah sculpin, Cottus bairdi semiscaber (Cope), in Logan River, Utah. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc. 80:249-259.