Feral Horse - Equus caballus
We do not yet have descriptive information on this species. Please try the buttons above to search for information from other sources.
Observations in Montana Natural Heritage Program Database
Number of Observations:
(Click on the following maps and charts to see full sized version)
Map Help and Descriptions
(Observations spanning multiple months or years are excluded from time charts)
- Additional ReferencesLegend: View Online Publication
Do you know of a citation we're missing?
- Bennett, D. and R.S. Hoffmann. 1999. Equus caballus. Mammalian Species. 628: 1-14.
- Foresman, K.R. 2001. The wild mammals of Montana. American Society of Mammalogists, Special Publication Number 12. Lawrence, KS. 278 pp.
- Foresman, K.R. 2012. Mammals of Montana. Second edition. Mountain Press Publishing, Missoula, Montana. 429 pp.
- Nelson, K.J. 1980. Sterilization of dominant males will not limit feral horse populations. Fort Collins, Colo: Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station, Forest Service, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. RM-226.
- Reid, F. 2006. Peterson Field Guide to Mammals of North America, 4th Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company: Boston and New York, 608 pp.
- Additional Sources of Information Related to "Mammals"